Monday, November 30, 2009

Deck the Halls - Week 1

My home is still under 'Christmas construction' and we're not even close to being finished, so I thought I would share 2 photos from our trip to Bethlehem, PA in December of 2008.

One of the historic buildings in town had a simple yet elegant garland and wreath decoration. It was just charming in its simplicity. See the object over the door? It's a Moravian Star. In a post later this month, I hope to explain the Moravian-Bethlehem connection.
Below is a photo of one of the buildings in the downtown area. Oh how I wish I could tie my house in ribbon!
Now just to prove that we really are working, here are a few shots of my house. See those boxes? All of them contain our Christmas village houses and accessories, and that's only a few of them! There were dozens more...in the living room...
on the couch...

and in the kitchen and the master bedroom.
I am happy to report that all of those boxes are now empty, and 95 houses and several sets of street lights have been unpacked, wired and placed in position. Now we really start to decorate!
Hopefully by next week, I'll have tons of pictures...
Please visit Susan at Thoughts from over the Rainbow. She's hosting Deck the Halls, and if you stop by to visit her you can see her wonderful decorations and the decorations of other participants.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, wouldn't it be fun to tie our homes in beautiful ribbons? What a statement that would make..lol.. I'm glad to see someone else has "lots" of Christmas boxes..Can't wait to see all your beautiful houses all lite up. They sound delightful and magical. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have lots of Christmas Boxes, but I'm done for this year. We aren't even home for Christmas anymore, but I still have to have some decorations out!

    I love the building wrapped in a bow. Wouldn't it be fun to do that!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to tie my house in one of those red bows too :) Wonderful photos - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a house full of boxes right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 95 houses! Wow! I know how long it takes just to display a few!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a minute to say hello! I would love to hear from you...